So, we still have a few posts in the works to conclude about our garden this year, but first, something entirely different.
We have both flown back to North America, and our plan was to go from Montreal to Oregon, to live there (where Rosemary's family comes from). We talked to a US immigration officer who said that we could just go there and apply for me to adjust status then (it was a bit complicated applying from France).
Unfortunately, we were informed at the border that this was not true, and I was denied entry (this was a few hours ago). Since we don't have a home in Montreal anymore for me to stay at, we decided the best would be for us to drive through Canada instead of through the US, and to drop me off in BC, where I could wait for my papers. Rosemary has to go back to the US to petition for me, but if I'm in BC we would be able to see each other during this process that could take 1 to 6 months.
So we're happy to have a plan again. The thing is, we don't know anyone in BC, so we've been appealing to our friends to try and make some connections. Do you know of anyone in BC whom I could stay with for a bit? A farm that takes workers?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Did you try Pagan Hot showers on FB? I think I sent a link of it to your mom, ROsemary.
That was from Ellie up above
Post a Comment